My face book friends

THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF A CIRCLE OF FRIENDS

Friday, September 4, 2009

POEM DEDICATED TO HAZEL


Around the Corner

In Delhi I had I a friend
In this great city that has no end,
Yet the days go by and weeks rush on,
And before I know it, years were gone

And I never saw my old friend's face,
For life is a swift and terrible race,
she knew I liked  her , very well,
As in the days when I rang her bell,
And she rang mine..

We were much younger then,
And now we are busy, tired friends
Tired of playing a foolish game,
Tired of trying to make a name.

"Tomorrow" I say "I will call on her
"Just to show that I'm thinking of them"
But tomorrow comes and tomorrow goes,
And distance between us grows and grows..

over the seas and .. miles away,
there  is  a friend on face book
that tells me   hazel is no more.
And that's what we get and deserve in the end..
Around the corner, a vanished friend...

clueless nanette

No comments:

Post a Comment